August 9, 2015

Fantasy Football 61-100: Ski/Not Ski

Ski

Brandon LaFell
WR – New England Patriots
Current Position: 75
My Position: 68
He’s a receiver on the Patriots.  Brady or no Brady, they always put up respectable numbers.

Cam Newton
QB – Carolina Panthers
Current Position: 97
My Position: 71
After the top tier of QB’s go, it’s just a mess.  I’ll take Newton, finished in the Top 5 in QB scoring the first two seasons he was in the league before having a down season last year.  I’ll especially take him over the like of Matt Ryan, who for some reason is still being drafted ahead of him.

Martavius Bryant
WR – Pittsburgh Steelers
Current Position: 85
My Position: 72
The Steelers offense is quite good.  Bryant is a serious deep threat and the last time the Steelers had one of those was Mike Wallace, and if my memory serve me correct that turned out pretty well for both the Steelers and fantasy owners.

Tre Mason
RB – St. Louis Rams
Current Position: 82
My Position: 76
I’m not sure why people are so down on Mason going into the draft.  He seems to have the starting job right now, especially with Todd Gurley hurt, and was pretty solid down the stretch last year.  Might be a good later round flex pick if he stays in the starting role once Gurley comes back from injury. He certainly has the talent to do so.

Dwayne Allen
TE – Indianapolis Colts
Current Position: 115
My Position: 90
I hate tight ends.  But I do like Andrew Luck.  So ya.  Draft Allen for his QB because he’s a lot better play than most of the other TE’s after him (and maybe a few before him). 

Tony Romo
QB – Dallas Cowboys
Current Position: 112
My Position: 92
Romo was really solid last season.  No one really seemed to notice that because everyone is always so down on the guy.  Yes, he might throw a few interceptions from time to time but so does Matt Ryan and he’s being drafted in the Top 100 for some reason.  Also, he has Dez Bryant to throw to which always helps.

Marques Colston
WR – New Orleans Saints
Current Position: 104
My Position: 95
Who else is Drew Brees going to throw to?

Not Ski

Vincent Jackson
WR – Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Current Position: 56
My Position: 64
Gifted wide receiver has not really had a good QB during his tenure in Tampa Bay.  With Winston now with the Bucs, it will be interesting to see whether or not Jackson takes advantage of having a QB that can actually throw him the ball with regularity.  He's worth a pick, just not in the mid 50s. 

Joseph Randle
RB – Dallas Cowboys
Current Position: 51
My Positon: 66
It’s not that I don’t like Randle, I just have no clue what to expect from or the Cowboy’s run game.  He might end up being a great pick in the early 50s if the offensive line is as good as it was last season but I’d rather take someone who I know is a starter going into the season than someone who is going into a time split situation like Randle is going into in Dallas.

Chris Ivory
RB – New York Jets
Current Position: 67
My Position: 80
The Jets signed every veteran running back on the planet this offseason. Don’t know that that means for Ivory, but it’s defiantly not a good thing. There’s nothing I hate more in fantasy football than a team not having a dedicated runner – and that’s where the Jets are heading going into the season.   

No comments:

Post a Comment